Treasures from the Subotica City Library (Serbia) and the Kalocsa Archdiocesan Library
Click on a picture to see an enlargement
The photographs were taken in 2006 by Professor Paul Shore,
Professor of Educational Studies, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO. Commentaries were provided by Paul Shore and Richard Quandt. Additional research assistance was provided by
John Waide and Randy McGuire of Saint Louis University. Thanks are also due Ágoston Pribilla Valéria,
director of the Subotica Library, and to librarian Rita Fleis of that library who provided access to these books. For the Kalocsa materials, thanks are due to
Fischerné Grócz Zita, director of that library.
Table of Contents
Subotica City Library
- Emmanuel Alvarez, De institutione grammatica libri tres, 1688-89, Images 1-6, 6a, 6b
- Georgius Naray, Lyra coelestis, 1695, Images 7-13
- Ferenc Páriz Pápai, Dictionarium Latino-Hungaricum, 1708, Image 15 and Gradus ad Parnassum, 1771, Image 16.
- Syntagma iuris ungarici, 1747, Image 17
Kalocsa Archdiocesan Library
- Fulgentius, De Fide ad Petrum, 11th century, Images 1-7
Return to Front Page